Kaohsiung - Post Report Question and Answers

Do you have any recommendations regarding mobile phones? Did you keep your home-country plan or use a local provider?

Everyone uses cell phones here! You can get a pay-as-you-go SIM card at 7-11 or another convenience store with your ARC (Alien Residence Certificate). You can also sign a contract with places like Chunghwa Telecom. These are pretty good deals. With my contract, I paid 183NT per month. Incoming calls were free, and calls to other Chunghwa Telecom subscribers were cheaper than to land lines or other subscribers. - Aug 2011

Subscribe to our newsletter

New book from Talesmag! Honest and courageous stories of life abroad with special needs.

Read More