What have been the highlights of your time in this country? Best trips or experiences?

We traveled to local beaches (Ponta do Ouro, Makineta,) to South Africa (Kruger Park, Hazyview, ) and Swaziland. I would take up some form of ocean-based entertainment like SCUBA, surfing, or the like. - Feb 2020


All the different beaches. Driving to game parks in ZA or Swazi for the weekend. - Feb 2019


We love going on safari in Kruger Park. Our kids have gained a new appreciation for nature and wildlife. They are also better world citizens now, paying attention to the need for caring for our planet and being generous to those in need. We have traveled to lots of beaches, gone scuba diving, and have loved these trips. It has been a very family-friendly post. - Feb 2017


Travel! Capetown, Kruger game reserve, beach (Xai Xai, Ponto Ouro, Beline), Durban, really the options are endless for long weekend trips. - Jan 2017


As mentioned above, the travel! Game viewing in Kruger National Park is a definite highlight, as is peaceful weekend breaks in Swaziland, and of course gorgeous Cape Town (one of the few destinations not in driving distance - but only a short flight away). - Jul 2014


Trips to Cape Town. Flights around Southern Africa are not cheap so you won't save money on travel but Cape Town is definitely worth the splurge. - Apr 2014


Kruger, Vic Falls, Cape Town, and R&R. There is lots of great seafood in town, and 90% of the locals are very nice. But the other 10% were pretty bad. - Oct 2012


Kruger, the beaches, the incredible warmth and friendliness of the Mozambican people. - Jun 2011


I like the old part of the city (the "Baixa") and the Kruger park, across the border. - May 2010


New book from Talesmag! Honest and courageous stories of life abroad with special needs.

Read More